Saturday, January 31, 2009

eye spy

Susie Q | graphic designer

Eye Q

Hello! I live in Atlanta, GA with my handsome, funny husband and two beautiful, talented daughters. We’re well watched by our very best friends: one high-jumping Brittany and one super-sized Great Pyrenese mix.

This blog was born to put order to my voracious curiosity. When I’m not designing logos or web sites or doing mom-things, I pour over interior design books and magazines and blogs and 1st dibs and eBay. And I cannot resist the daily pull of craigslist. My obsessions are many: handsome interiors, interesting art, age-worn antiques, spankin’ new products, woven and printed textiles, books that smell of fresh ink or musty neglect, masterfully-crafted embellishment, anything a tad quirky, and ephemera too numerous to list.

I adore a striking, well-designed home. But, I believe the people { and even animals! } living there are far more vibrant, valuable, and interesting. And while I have been known to contemplate on a particular shade of brown or an especially lovely chair for hour-upon-hour { okay, let's say days-upon-days }, those things are a backdrop for the real beauty of an interior — its inhabitants living life to the fullest. In our household, we have great fun and a good bit of chaos in a setting that is, just sometimes, visually pleasing.

But yes, I continue to obsessively plan for the next living room makeover, den overhaul, kids' playroom, kitchen update... filling a removable hard drive with images, stuffing 3-ring binders with tear sheets and catalogs, and searching for new ideas everywhere. So, let’s have some fun sorting through photographs, sources, and ideas. And I’d love to hear from you about the eye-catching view in your world!



eye spy

No comments:

Post a Comment